Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lift, Run

8 deadlifts 45lb
8 romanian deadlifts 45lb
8 deadlifts 95lb
8 romanian deadlifts 95lb
8 deadlifts 115lb to 8 romanian deadlifts 115lb (no rest)
8 squats 95lb
20 pushups, 5 knuckle pushups, 5 downward-dog pushups
1.5mi in 10:15 on treadmill (6:15, 4:00)

It takes almost half a minute to get the treadmill up to speed, and treadmills are weird for other reasons, so I am not really happy with that time. But I kicked my ass a little to do that first mile, and just ran out of gas. I had to drop down to a slow jog for a quarter mile, and as I was slowly picking it back up I decided to cut my losses and get off the damn thing. I'll try to get on a treadmill again because I think it will help me find the rhythm I need to hit fast miles, but I don't want to just hop on and burn out like I did this time. It probably didn't help to do those deadlifts beforehand, either. Oh, and pushups are very difficult when you can't use your thumbs..and haven't done pushups for a long time...and did shoulder work the day before. Excuses!

No comments: